Six-Core AMD Opteron processors: Top-line Performance that’s bottom-line efficient Six-Core AMD Opteron processor-based servers give you the performance efficiency to handle real world workloads, with superior value and energy efficiency at every price point. Unlike competitive products focused on raw performance, AMD technology-based servers deliver one platform to support the top-line demands of your business with a total cost advantage you can take right to the bottom-line.
- Deliver more with six-core innovations providing more performance in the same power and thermal envelopes as Quad-Core AMD Opteron processors
- Ready to scale with a single, consistent platform that spans from 2P to 8P servers
- More energy efficient with AMD-P technologies and a full feature-set across product line
- Optimized virtualization with AMD Virtualization (AMD-V) technology runs highly efficient VMs and can migrate with ease
- Greater bandwidth (compared to previous generations) for database, email and application serving, through features like HT Assist
- Dense computing efficiencies bring Web 2.0 and cloud computing into the mainstream
Total Cost Advantage
- Affordable choices let you meet business needs with configurations that help maximize your IT spend
- Easy to acquire and own – helps you lower indirect costs and simplify server management
- Right-sized and reliable server platforms help ensure application continuity at a lower total cost
Features and benefits
- Six Cores per socket offers improved performance and performance/watt (compared to prior generations) for multithreaded environments like virtualization, database, and web serving
- HyperTransport technology Assist (HT Assist) reduces cache probe traffic between processors, which can result in faster queries in 4 and 8-way servers that can increase performance for cache sensitive applications such as database, virtualization, and compute intensive applications.
- HyperTransport 3.0 technology (HT3) increases interconnect rate from 2GT/s with HT1 up to a maximum 4.8GT/s with HT3, helping improve overall system balance and scalability for scale out computing environments like HPC, database, and web serving
- AMD-P suite of power management features are built into AMD Opteron processors, including AMD PowerNow! technology, AMD CoolCore technology, and Dual Dynamic Power Management – innovations that help reduce energy use and cost, making AMD Opteron processor-based servers among the “greenest” anywhere.
- AMD-Vi supports I/O level virtualization which provides direct control of devices by a Virtual Machine (VM) (requires SR5690/SR5670 chipsets). This improved performance through direct assignment of devices to a guest OS and improves isolation to help improve security for VMs.