For a more general review you can drop by Gizmodo.
“The new Palm Pre cellphone has a “media sync” feature which lets the device sync with iTunes in a fashion identical to an iPod. Last week [Jon Lech Johansen] speculated that this was not done in cooperation with Apple and that Palm was spoofing the iPod’s USB controller. This was confirmed today when a tipster sent him a screenshot of what the device reports in both standard and media sync modes. The Palm Pre reports its Product ID as iPod and Vendor ID as Apple with a few other changes. [Jon] notes that it doesn’t change the root USB node, so Apple should be able to block this behavior with an iTunes update. With Palm already pulling tricks like this presumably through software we wonder if this will become a full-on arms race.”
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Internet Tax Approved By Louisiana House @ Slashdot
- HP releases dual-core Athlon laptop @ The Inquirer
- Hulu board member: let’s talk subscription fees @ Ars Technica
- The Microsoft Windows 7 SKU Strategy Revealed @ TechARP
- FREE Anti-Virus Protection – Not the AVeraGe kind @ VR-Zone