AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced the release of the company’s first WHQL-certified ATI Catalyst graphics drivers for Windows 7 Release to Manufacturing (RTM), an important milestone in the development of Microsoft’s next generation operating system. For ATI Radeon customers, the ATI Catalyst 9.7 driver is immediately available for download from game.amd.com. Simultaneously, the ATI Catalyst 8.632 driver has been made available for ATI FirePro professional graphics customers.
For maximum simplicity, ATI Catalyst drivers are designed to deliver a single, unified driver installation for both Windows 7 and Windows Vista. When combined with the efficiency, affordability and scalability of AMD platforms, users have an unprecedented PC experience that features:
- Rock-solid stability and compatibility for AMD platforms running Windows 7
- Full support for the visually stunning desktop environment of Windows 7
- Game performance improvements in Windows 7 compared with Windows Vista in single card and multi-GPU configurations employing ATI CrossFireX technology
- Windows 7 support for accelerated video transcoding tasks utilizing the system CPU and GPU via ATI Stream technology1
- Full Windows 7 support for ATI FirePro professional graphics, delivering application performance leadership