GeIL has two new DDR3 kits on the market, consisting of six 2GB 1600MHz DIMMs, one with CL 7-7-7-24 timings and one with 8-8-8-28. How does 12GB of affect performance? You will have to drop by Techware Labs to see the actual results. First the 6GB tests to gain both a benchmark of performance for the GeIL chips, but also to benchmark against a Corsair 6GB kit. Then onto the 12GB testing to compare it to the previous results in the hope that the outstanding 6GB scores scale up with the extra memory. The only question remaining is the MSRP.
“There’s only so much a CPU can do. With today’s games and software as demanding as they are, wouldn’t you like to have an UNGODLY amount of RAM? Join Jason as TechwareLabs investigates the GeIL Evo One 12GB DDR3-1600 Hexa kit.”
Here are some more Memory articles from around the web:
- OCZ Reaper HPC 6 GB DDR3 1866 MHz CL 8 Kit @ techPowerUp
- Corsair Dominator GT TW3X1600C6GT Memory Review @ OCC
- Patriot Viper II PC3-16000 6GB DDR3 Kit @ Tweaktown
- OCZ Blade 3×2GB PC3-17000 CL8 Tri Channel Memory Kit Review @ Hardware Canucks
- G.Skill Trident PC3-16000 6GB DDR3 Memory Kit @ Tweaktown