“Recently one of the more interesting product released in their VGA cooler line-up is the all new Accelero XTREME 4780X2 cooler. It is a massive eight heatpipe based cooler that might be as big as a whale, yet is virtually silent and has extraordinary cooling performance.
If you are gutsy enough to strip down the X2 and mount a this cooler, then you can achieve temperatures that are roughly 30 degrees C lower than I’ve just mentioned, right out of the box.”
Here are some more Graphics Card articles from around the web:
- ASUS My Cinema EHD3-100 Dual Hybrid TV Card Review @ Legit Reviews
- NVIDIA GTX 285 on an 8-core Mac Pro @ Ars Technica
- DH NVIDIA Mobility Modder v126.96.36.199 Final Released @ DriverHeaven
- AMD RADEON HD4890 CrossFire on AMD 790FX Platform @ LostCircuits
- Artic Cooling Accelero XTREME 4870X2 @ Bjorn3D
- ASUS EN9400GT-1GB Geforce 9400GT Half-Height Videocard @ PCSTATS
- MSI N275GTX Twin Frozr OC @ Neoseeker
- nVidia GTX285 Bottleneck Investigation @ alienbabeltech
- Gigabyte 9800 GT Silent Cell @ Bjorn3D
- Gigabyte 9800GT 1GB Silent Cell Review @ HardwareLogic
Source: Guru of 3D
The Accelero Xtreme 4870 X2 GPU cooler is a perfect idea for anyone with a 4870X2 as it will drop your temps by a serious margin. There is a downside which may keep many people from purchasing this cooler, the 4870X2 is very different from a single GPU card when you are trying to remove the stock cooler so you can use the Accelero Xtreme. The Guru of 3D takes you through the steps required to install the cooler as well as a very important tip at the end. The original kit has a strong tendency to kill off your card, make sure you pick up the new kit with eight screws. As long as you use the new kit you should be on your way to a cool and quiet HD4870 X2.