“Not sure what PC hardware is worth getting in these tough economic times? PCSTATS Shoppinglist has recommendations for three price points – $500, $999, $2000 – to help put you on the right path no matter what your budget.”
Here are some more Systems articles from around the web:
- Wired2Fire Hellspawn ALC Gaming System @ DriverHeaven
- 600- 700 to spend on a base unit? MESH and ARBICO battle for top honours @ HEXUS
- Intel BOXD945GCLF2D Atom 330 Motherboard @ Benchmark Reviews
- Upgrading and Analyzing Apple’s Nehalem Mac Pro @ AnandTech
- Guru3D PC Buyers Guide Summer 2009
Although the PC Perspective Hardware Leaderboard has just been updated, it is never a bad idea to get a second opinion. This time try PC Stats, and their 3 current recommended systems. Their $500 budget system is based around an Athlon X2 7750 BE with an HD4850 and 2GB of DDR2-800. The $1000 mainstream features a 3GHz C2D E8400 with an HD4890 and 4GB of DDR2-1066. Lastly the $2000 performance machine has a Core i7 920, a GeForce 285GTX and 6 GB of DDR3-1600 in triple channel.