SIGGRAPH 2009, NEW ORLEANS, LA – Aug. 4, 2009 – Increasing the momentum and industry support for its 3D professional graphics accelerators, AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced its newest solution for content creators and computer-aided designers (CAD) who demand mobility: the ATI FirePro M7740 graphics accelerator, set to power Dell Precision M6400 Mobile Workstations. Designed with digital content creators, CAD, and engineers in mind, the Dell Precision M6400 brings swift real-time graphical rendering and brilliant color representation to the forefront of large model design work, all while giving professionals excellent performance capabilities for multitasking and multi-threaded applications. The new offering provides design professionals with the high performance and reliability that is synonymous with the ATI FirePro family of graphics accelerators.
- Dell Precision M6400 is engineered to offer outstanding graphics performance with RAID storage options and memory scalability.
- The mobile workstation is also designed to meet the demanding needs of customers working with large models in Microsoft Direct X- or OpenGL-based applications.
- ATI FirePro M7740 3D accelerators are available this month with the Dell Precision M6400 workstations.
- ATI FirePro professional graphics accelerators maximize application performance and reliability with over 90 certifications confirmed by leading application providers such as Autodesk and Dassault Systèmes.
- At SIGGRAPH 2009 (August 4-6, 2009) the Dell Precision M6400 workstation will be on display in the AMD booth 2417 in the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans, LA.