Final Thoughts and ConclusionsThe Enermax Galaxy EVO 1,250W PSU delivered good voltage regulation (especially on the important +12V rails) with relatively clean outputs and good efficiency. The EVO 1,250W PSU is quiet, runs cool during normal operation, and includes an excellent compliment of both fixed and modular cables/connectors.
The new Galaxy EVO 1,250W PSU looks like a Revolution 1,050W inside and out but the EVO appears to have sacrificed a little efficiency and has slightly higher levels of AC ripple on the DC outputs to gain UL certification. And for all that Enermax claims the EVO 1,250W PSU is designed to be future-ready, they only back it with a 3-year warranty. Come on, this bad-boy deserves better than that.
At 1,250W DC output, this is one of the largest PSUs most NA users will be able to operate from a standard 120 VAC, 15A residential circuit. The Enermax Galaxy EVO 1,250W PSU is currently available and typically sells for around $300 USD.
• 1,250W continuous DC output (up to 50°)
• Very good build quality
• Good voltage regulation
• Good efficiency across a broad range of loads (80-Plus Bronze certified)
• Zero load requirement
• Quiet at all but the highest power levels
• Six +12V outputs can deliver up to 104A (1,248W)
• Eight PCI-E connectors support high-end graphic adapters
• CrossFireX Certified (up to HD4870X2)
• Active PFC with universal AC input
• Future CPU and GPU Ready (12-pin sockets and zero load, C6 state)
• HeatGuard fan delay and PowerGuard LED status monitor
• SafeGuard (OCP, OVP, AC/DC UVP, OPP, OTP, SCP, SIP)
• Higher levels of AC ripple (on +12V outputs) and slightly lower efficiency traded for UL certification
• Only a 3-Year warranty
Enermax Galaxy EVO 1,250W Power Supply
I would like to thank our friends at Enermax for sending us the Galaxy EVO 1,250W PSU to review. Be sure to use our price checking engine to find the best price on any of Enermax’s great products or anything else you may want to buy!
And if you have any questions or comments about the article, or would like to see what others have to say about the EVO 1,250W PSU, just click into our Case, Cooling and Power Supply forum to join in the discussion!
where can i find a new fan to
where can i find a new fan to replace my old enermax evo galaxy 1250W fan?
The 135mm Silence (GlobeFan) fan (RL4ZB1352512MB-3M) is rated for 0.38A when operating on 12 VDC
135 x 135 x 25 mm
135mm fan135mm Power Supply Replacement Fan DC12V 0.38A
13.5cm two-ball bearing fan