“IT LOOKS LIKE Larrabee, Intel’s upcoming GPU++, is about to have new silicon in short order. The B0 stepping taped out about a month ago, so there should be some public showings soon.
B0 taped out on August 15, and the silicon is winding it’s way through the fabs now. Even with Intel’s manufacturing prowess, making those parts and bringing up the new silicon takes time. It is going to be a really close call on them making showable boards before IDF or not. Here’s to hoping.”
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- TSMC reportedly eyeing Lumileds and Toyoda Gosei to enter LED market @ DigiTimes
- Microsoft offers Windows 7 to UK university students for £30 @ HEXUS
- The True Navigator – Nokia 6710 Navigator @ Hardware Zone
- Rosewill RCM-8163 Webcam @ MEGATech Reviews
- Microsoft Windows 7 Graphics Enhancements Rev. 2.0 @ TechARP
Just like that old favourite song you grew sick of but haven’t heard in a while, Larrabee has returned. The timing is a little tight for IDF but we may get to see a new look to Larrabee as the B0 stepping is in the fabs right now. If the bugs have been worked out there will be a lot of interesting demos to see, whether it takes a few days or a weeks for them to appear. Drop by SemiAccurate for information.