ASUS bills their M4A78-HTPC/RC HTPC motherboard as a basis for which to build a Dream HTPC. It’s a well laid out 780G based mATX board that comes with a remote plus a USB IR-receiver. Four DDR2 slots with dual channel capability, 5 SATA channels, a single IDE as well as the ability to provide your sound card with a separate power supply to reduce noise. Drop by Bjorn3D for a look at what features should not be left off of an HTPC motherboard.
“In today’s crowded market it is important to try to make your product stand out in some way. The ASUS M4A78-HTPC/RC on the surface is just another micro-ATX motherboard with the AMD 780G/SB700 chipset but as its name implies there is more to it than that. In fact the ASUS M4A78-HTPC/RC is marketed as the motherboard to use when “Building the Dream Home Theater PC”. With a special mode to keep the system quiet, improved sound as well as the software “Home Theater Gate” it sounds like ASUS might have created the perfect motherboard for us htpc-builders. Keep reading on as we pick this motherboard apart to see if ASUS can back up their claims or if it just falls flat.”
Here are some more Systems articles from around the web:
- Luxa2 LM100-Mini Home Theater PC Chassis with 200W PSU @ Tweaktown
- Hauppauge WinTV-MiniStick HD TV-tuner @ TestSeek
- Logitech Harmony 900 Review @ Digital Trends
- RaidSonic Icy Box IB- MP305A-B Network Multimedia HD Player @ Tweaktown
- SIMEREC Universal IR Remote Control PC Power Switch (PCS-2) Review @ MissingRemote