Also just around the corner is DX11 hardware, which we have seen occasional sneak peeks of at QuakeCon. Both GPU makers will be releasing new hardware some time before the new year. Again, thanks to DigiTimes we know the AMD HD5800 series based on RV870 will be ready for purchase in October. From nVIDIA we shall see the GT300 series, hopefully in December but probably in early 2010. There is some speculation as to what chip the GT300 series is based on, but no hard facts yet. Keep your eyes on the front page of PC Perspective as we will post information on the GT300 as it becomes available.
“AMD has announced the immediate availability of the new six-core AMD Opteron EE processor at 40W ACP.
Delivering up to 31% higher performance-per-watt over standard quad-core AMD Opteron processors, the six-core AMD Opteron EE processor is tailored to meet the demands of customers who need strong performance, but must trim out every watt possible in a server system and reduce the data center’s power draw, said AMD.”
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- AMD launches 40W Istanbul chip @ The Inquirer
- Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard: the Ars Technica review
- Scientists design first robot using slime mold @ MAKE:Blog
- Weekly Tech Update 006 – Sony, PS3 Slim vs XBOX 360 and Exploding iPhones@ BCCHardware
- Joby Gorillatorch Flashlight @ I4U
- Sumo Lounge Omni Bean Bag Chair Review @ OCIA
- Blizzcon 2009 – The Ozz was there @ Guru of 3D
- CoolIT Domino Giveaway @ BCCHardware