“The AW1 Wireless Audio Sender/Receiver is more than a wireless replacement for a stereo audio cable. You can transmit audio from your computer’s USB port to a receiver, amplifier, subwoofer, or speakers. If you purchase additional AW1s, you can send the same audio signal to additional rooms, though only to one at a time. These capabilities are a convenience, but of what value are these additional features without the ability to transmit audio signal reliably and undistorted.”
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Auzentech HomeTheater HD Preview: Bitstreaming True HD/DTS-HD MA @ AnandTech
- SanDisk Sansa Clip+ Review @ Digital Trends
- SoundMagic PL30 In-ears @ techPowerUp
- Genius SW-T2.1 1800 Speaker Review @ OverclockersHQ
- SteelSeries 5H v2 Gaming Headset Review @ Tech-Reviews
Audio streaming from a PC to a stereo system is no longer an uncommon practise, especially if your system has HDMI out so that you can display HD video from your PC to your TV. A side effect of that is the appearance of a PC in close proximity to your TV and/or a profusion of wires running between the two. A company called Audioengine wants to solve your cable clutter with their AW1 Wireless Audio Sender/Receiver, a handy little USB based broadcaster and receiver. Check out the various configurations available in the review at ModSynergy.