Ars Technica offers some advice to those willing to wipe the foam from their mouths and let the tunnel vision subside a bit. They suggest joining the Entertainment Consumers Association (for $20 a year?!?) in order to have your voice heard. They also point out that not all PC game makers are deaf and dumb idiots, Valve has allowed users to expand Team Fortress 2 into what it is now, also the ‘Make Something Unreal’ challenge comes to mind. Help the companies that you love make better games and soon the others shall either follow, perish or switch to making Wii Sports add-ons.
“You need to know it, because nobody else is going to tell you: you guys sound like Goddamned subway vagrants,” Jerry “Tycho” Holkins wrote in a Penny Arcade newspost. “Of course when you speak exclusively to each other, it all sounds so reasonable. It’ll be reasonable when you all board the bus… and when you douse yourself with gasoline and immolate yourself in front of the offices of Infinity Ward, one assumes this will be reasonable also.”
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Google flirts with new-look home page @ The Register
- AMD vs. NVIDIA – Are they even playing the same game @ Tweaktown
- How to Change the Logon Screen Wallpaper on Windows 7 @ Techspot
- TweakGuides Tweaking Companion for Windows 7
- Sitex 2009 – Show Floor Coverage @ Hardware Zone