Final Thoughts and ConclusionsCorsair is well known for producing some of the best PC power supplies on the market and the TX950W continues that trend. Not only does the TX950W live up to its heritage, it exhibits lower AC ripple and runs quieter than some previous units. The Corsair TX950W power supply delivers solid outputs, with excellent voltage regulation and good efficiency. Under normal operating conditions (below 600W load) the TX950W is very quiet, virtually silent. Corsair has also managed to keep the level of AC ripple at higher loads under control, which has been a weakness for previous CWT built units. The TX950W comes fitted with an excellent assortment of hard-wired cables that can support multiple, high-end video cards. And let’s not forget active PFC, universal AC input and Corsair’s 5-year warranty!
The Corsair TX950W power supply is currently available and can be found selling for $149.99 USD, which is a very competitive price for a strong 950W power supply.
• Up to 950W DC output, rated at 50°C
• Stable voltages with excellent voltage regulation
• Clean DC outputs with low AC ripple under normal loads
• Very quiet during normal operation (below 600W output)
• Very good build quality with high quality components
• Good efficiency along with Active PFC (80Plus Bronze certified )
• Single +12V output up to 78A (936W)
• Six PCI-E connectors for multiple graphic card support
• Competitive pricing
• Backed by a 5-year warranty
• None noted
For solid rails, excellent voltage regulation, good efficiency and value, the Corsair TX950W power supply brings home the gold.
Corsair TX950W Power Supply
I would like to thank our friends at Corsair Memory for sending us the new TX950W PSU to review – thanks! Be sure to use our price checking engine to find the best price on any of Corsair’s fine products or anything else you may want to buy!
And if you have any questions or comments about the article, or would like to see what others have to say about the Corsair TX950W PSU, just click into Case, Cooling and Power Supply thread in our forums to join in the discussion!