Montreal, Canada, November 10, 2009/PRNewswire/—Matrox Graphics, the leading manufacturer of specialized graphics solutions, today announced the launch of the Matrox M9188 PCIe x16 Octal graphics card, capable of supporting eight DisplayPort or DVI Single-Link outputs from a single workstation. The Matrox M9188 PCIe x16 offers 2GB of memory, resolutions up to 2560×1600 per output, and advanced desktop management features—such as independent or stretched desktop modes—to drive energy, transportation, process control, financial trading, and other mission-critical environments with exceptional performance.
“The M9188 is designed specifically for professional monitoring environments that require visualization of large amounts of data at once to enhance mission-critical decision making,” says Ron Berty, Business Development Manager, Matrox Graphics. “The expansive multi-monitor configuration allows system operators to accurately manage energy grids or train dispatch applications, while ensuring maximum performance across all displays.”
The Matrox M9188 offers robust support for Microsoft® Windows® XP, as well as for Linux, which is critical for energy and transportation applications that commonly use display configurations of more than eight monitors.
Matrox also announced a second addition to the M-Series product line with the Matrox M9128 LP PCIe x16, DualHead DisplayPort graphics card. This dual-monitor add-in board is the economical choice to drive business, industrial, and government applications across two displays at resolutions up to 2560×1600.
Matrox M9128 and M9188 Key Features
- Native PCIe x16 performance
- Single-slot graphics cards
- 1 GB (M9128) and 2 GB (M9188) of memory
- Drive two (M9128) or eight (M9188) DisplayPort monitors at 2560×1600 per display or DVI Single-Link monitors at 1920×1200 per display
- Can be combined with other M-Series products (multi-card support)
- Support for stretched or independent desktop modes across all monitors
- Easy deployment and wide enterprise flexibility with unified driver package
- Support for Windows 7 (32/64bit), Windows Vista (32/64bit), Windows XP (32/64bit), Windows Server 2003/2008 (32/64 bit) and Linux
Matrox M9128 and M9188 Availability and Pricing
The Matrox M9128 and M9188 graphics cards will be available in Q4/2009
* Matrox M9128 LP PCIe x 16
Part number: M9128-E1024LAF
* Matrox M9188 PCIe x16
Part number: M9188-E2048F