“AMD has updated schedule to phase out several Phenom II X4 900 series CPUs, while launch a new model in 2010, according to sources at motherboard makers.
AMD has already stopped taking orders for Phenom II X4 910 (2.6GHz/95W) and 945 (3.0GHz/125W) CPU in fourth-quarter 2009 and will completely stop shipments in the second quarter of 2010.
The company will stop order placements for Phenom II X4 965 (3.4GHz/140W) and 925 (2.8GHz/95W) CPUs in the first quarter of 2010, while orders for the Phenom II X4 955 (3.2GHz/125W) are scheduled to end in the second quarter.
In the second quarter of 2010, AMD will launch a 95W Phenom II X4 955 processor.”
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Hector Ruiz quits Global Foundries @ The Inquirer
- Windows 7 Part 2: Throwing the Switch @ eTeknix
- 2009 Linux Graphics Survey @ Phoronix
- SparkLAN CAS-673W Wireless Pan and Tilt MPEG4/MJPEG IP Camera @ Tweaktown
- Sony Ericsson Satio & Samsung Pixon12 – 12-Megapixel Takeover! @ Hardware Zone
- Ultra X4 850w Thanksgiving Contest @ Bjorn3D
- Last chance to win a HIS Radeon HD graphics card @ eTeknix
- ThinkComputers New Layout Contest / Giveaway! @ ThinkComputers
DigiTimes provides a good look into the coming 6 to 12 months of AMDs plans for their CPUs. AMD has recently dropped prices on some of their Phenom II and Athlon II silicon and you may want to grab some soon as the release of the new members of the 900 series will see the previous Phenom II line reduced to the X4 955, X4 820, X3 740 and X2 550. The first quarter of 2010 will be very busy, with no less than 5 processors due to be release; three Phenom IIs and a pair of Athlon IIs.