“Alongside the launch of Windows Mobile 6.6 at Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2010, Microsoft is also expected to announce a date for the commercial availability of WM7, according to sources familiar with Microsoft’s roadmap.”
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Latest Nvidia drivers kill overclocking @ SemiAccurate
- Google devs reveal Chrome OS will have media player @ Engadget
- Simple laptop conversion @ Hack a Day
- AMD posts first profit in 13 quarters @ Ars Technica
- Firefox Tweak Guide Updated @ TweakGuides
- Best Technology 2000-2010: The Decade in Tech @ Digital Trends
- Win a XFX Radeon HD 5770 1GB Graphics Card with eTeknix.com and XFX – 3 weeks left!
The 2010 Mobile World Congress will be held February 15-18th, in Barcelona Spain and will feature the release of Windows Mobile 6.6, something that hasn’t been a secret. That DigiTimes found out the date of the release of WM7 is news. It will first be available to Microsoft’s partners in November of this year, so some time in early 2011 you can expect to see the new face of Windows on LGE and HTC appliances in addition to their current customers. The new version will offer support for Zune, Xbox Live and Silverlight, assuming Google hasn’t taken over the mobile market by then.