NVIDIA has announced their new innovation – NVIDIA 3D Vision. By combining a pair of glasses, a 120Hz display, and a pair of NVIDIA GPUs in SLI, you have unlocked a new dimension to your existing and future PC games. While 3D Vision Surround will be launched with GF100 GPUs in Q1 this year, the good news is that 3D Vision is already supported in the GT200 family too!
All you need is the minimum requirement and you’re ready to rock. Since many of you reading this are enthusiasts with SLI rigs already, I think many of you just got a pretty awesome gift from NVIDIA.
Some key features:
- Uses GT200 and upcoming GF100 GPUs.
- 3D gaming on up to 3 displays.
- Support for many existing games (like Batman Arkham Asylum, Left 4 Dead, and Dawn of War II).
- 3D movie playback.
- 40 hours of playtime before needing to recharge batteries on glasses.
- Windows Vista or Windows 7
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Kit (the glasses)
- 120Hz display (any display capable of 120Hz should do)
- NVIDIA GT200 or GF100 GPUs in SLI
I think this technology should make many of you very excited about your NVIDIA setups again.