Available now are USB 3.0 interface cards, with docking stations, hubs and other products to follow in January and February 2010.
Here’s a summary of what Startech is offering to satisfy your USB 3.0 needs:
- PEXUSB3S2 2 port USB 3.0 PCI-Express card (available now)
- ECUSB3S2 2 port ExpressCard USB 3.0 card (available now)
- SATDOCKU3S USB 3.0 docking station for 3.5″ and 2.5″ drives up to 2TB. Some bundles will include the PEXUSB3S2 or ECUSB3S2 adapter cards. (available January 2010).
- USB 3.0 cables A/A, A/B cables in 3 ft, 6ft, and 10 ft varieties
- USB 3.0 Hubs and adapters – Available Feb. 2010. The Not much information is known about these hubs at the moment. We’ll provide more information as we learn more.
It’s worth noting that the PCI-Express and ExpressCard USB 3.0 cards use the NEC µPD720200 chip, which is the same NEC controller used in Asus motherboards.