They also mention a new version of the popular antivirus software, avast Free 5.0. Even if you are a fan of other antivirus products, this new version may interest you. It uses the same detection engine as its paid-for sibling and now includes optimization for multicore CPUs, something other antivirus programs have been lagging behind in.
The last bit of news comes via DailyTech, involving the popular free web browser. Even though Mozilla hasn’t bothered to get it onto their front page, FireFox 3.6 has arrived. Their link leads to the US version, so you may have to finesse the URL a bit if you don’t spell funny.
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Stream 500Mbps Over LED Light @ Gizmodo
- Under five per cent of all email is delivered @ The Inquirer
- Windows 7: Hello Service Pack 1 @ eTeknix
- NZXT USB Expansion System Review @ ThinkComputers
- How to Run Windows 7 on a Mac @ Digital Trends
- Best Augmented Reality Apps @ Digital Trends
- Sony HDR-CX520V Review @ Digital Trends
- The TR Podcast 57: Viva Las CES
- 2010 CES: Thermaltake @ OCIA
- 2010 CES: Computer Technology Highlights @ Benchmark Reviews