Clocked just 50MHz higher than the HD 4550 with 50 million more transistors the new HD5450 might not seem like much, unless you pay attention to the fact that this is a 40nm card. That new process has dropped its TDP below 20, making passive cooling an easy choice for AMD and resellers. Add DX11 and Eyefinity support, the usual triplet of video outputs found on HD 5xxx series cards and you have a serious card for around $50. AnandTech’s biggest hope with this card is that you will finally be able to utilize the noise reducing software AMD provides as well as HD audio. Find out how AMD did.
"4 chips in 6 months reaches its end today, with the launch of the final chip in AMD’s Evergreen stack: Cedar. Cedar, the baby of the family, will be powering AMD’s bottom-tier cards. Today we’re seeing the the first of what we expect will be a couple of Cedar cards with the launch of the Radeon 5450."
Here are some more Graphics Card articles from around the web:
- Sapphire HD 5450 512MB Review @ OCC
- Sub-$60 Video Cards Face Off @ ExtremeTech
- Sapphire Radeon HD5450 512MB Review @ HardwareHeaven
- Gigabyte GV-R545OC Radeon HD 5450 @ Pro-Clockers
- ATI Radeon HD 5450 512MB GDDR3 Video Card in CrossFire @ Tweaktown
- ATI’s Radeon HD 5450 – The Perfect HTPC Card? @ Techgage
- ATI Radeon HD5450 HTPC Video Card @ Benchmark Reviews
- ATI Radeon HD 5450: DX11 On The Cheap @ HotHardware
- ATI Radeon HD 5450 512MB DDR3 Video Card Review @ Legit Reviews
- Sapphire Radeon HD 5450 @ Tweaktown
- Sapphire Radeon HD 5450 512MB DDR3 Review @ Hardware Canucks
- ATI Radeon HD 5450 @ Legion Hardware
- AMD Radeon HD 5450 @ HEXUS
- XFX Radeon HD5850 Black Edition @ Hardwareoverclock
- Sapphire HD 5770 Vapor-X @ techPowerUp
- Gigabyte 1 Gig HD5670 @ Bjorn3D
- HIS Radeon HD 5750 Videocard Review @ Tweaknews
- Xigmatek Bifrost VD1065: HDT Cooler for Graphics Accelerators @ X-bit Labs
- Intel Clarkdale Linux Graphics Performance @ Phoronix
At 1280 x 800, the 5450 runs
At 1280 x 800, the 5450 runs at idle when running Vista Home Premium and doing light tasks such as surfing the net . Since it idles at just 6 watts, this card is really GREEN. Running anything but 3D games or HD video, it is more than adequate for 99% of basic computing. Interestingly, when using Power Producer 9, it is as quick at video editing as the 9600GT card that it replaced.