“GRAPHICS CHIPMAKER Nvdia has announced the launch date for its long overdue Fermi GPUs on its Twitter account.
The Green Goblin’s next generation line of GPUs was originally planned to come out last year but was delayed for months by design and manufacturing problems. Now Nvidia has confirmed a launch date of March 26, writing, ‘Apologies for the confusion around our most recent GF100 update. To clarify, launch date for GeForce GTX 480 and GTX 470 is March 26, 2010.'”
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Radeon HD 5830 details leak @ SemiAccurate
- Chuck Norris Botnet Karate-Chops Routers Hard @ Linux.com
- What Makes a Smartphone Smart? @ ExtremeTech
- Windows Phone 7 Series Takeaway @ AnandTech
- Tricorder/Aliens-motion-tracker handscanner kit gets $6m @ The Register
- Remove and Prevent Spyware, Malware, and Viruses Fast and Easy! @ TechwareLabs
- That’s what I call security! @ Hardware Secrets
- Star Products of MWC 2010 Show – The Movers and Shakers @ Hardware Zone
- Samsung ST550 Dual LCD Digital Camera @ Futurelooks
- The HP Photosmart Premium C309 – A Stylish Workhorse @ Hardware Zone
Source: The Inquirer
The Inquirer noticed an update on nVIDIA’s Twitter feed that pegs the launch of Fermi to March 26th, just a bit over a month from now. Most likely we will see them first at this years PAX as the first date of Gabe & Tycho party coincides with that date. Hold out hope that they are useful for more than running the Heaven benchmark and cooking a roast simultaneously.