As well, support for the vanilla Vista RTM expires on April 13th, so please update to Windows Vista SP1 or SP2, if you insist on sticking with Vista. You WinXP holdouts will need to do the same come July 13th, move to Service Pack 3 or you will notice a lot less updates rolling out, as in none. If you are using an OS that has been supported now for a decade, it is time to put down those Win2K disks and upgrade, as all support for that OS ends on July 13th as well.
“Updating your Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Vista–based PCs before the end of mainstream support dates will ensure that your PCs stay supported and receive security updates. Migrating to Windows 7 provides the longest support lifecycle for your organization, helping to ensure protection, support, and timely updates.”
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Firefox fires up on Android @ MAKE:Blog
- Security flaw puts iPhone users at risk of phishing attacks @ Ars Technica
- Win two SanDisk Ultra Backup USB 2.0 Flash Drives @ t-break
- Lowepro Pro Trekker 300 AW Camera / Laptop Bag Review @ ThinkComputers
- Olympus’ New E-PL1 Micro Four Thirds and Tough Cameras @ Hardware Zone