With two very different ways of handling the transfer of data, find out what the strong points of each and more importantly which offers the fastest performance by reading their full article.
“All performance improved, but we’re still looking at lower performance compared to Intel’s 3Gbps SATA controller except for random read speed. Random read speed is faster on the 890GX (but slower than X58).
The best part of it all is that I no longer had to disable CnQ or C1E to get this performance. I will note that my performance is still lower than what AMD is getting on its internal reference board and the performance from 3rd party boards varies significantly from one board to the next depending on board and BIOS revisions. But at least we’re getting somewhere.
In testing the 890GX, I decided to look into how Intel’s chipsets perform with this new wave of high performance SSDs. It’s not as straightforward as you’d think.”
Here are some more Motherboard articles from around the web:
- Foxconn A9DA-S (AMD 890GX) @ TweakTown
- MSI 890GXM-G65 Review Featuring AMD Latest 890GX Chipset @ Madshrimps
- Gigabyte 790FXTA-UD5 @ Bjorn3D
- Asus M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 @ OC3D
- Jetway NC94-510-LF IPC Motherboard @ PCShopTalk
- Gigabyte X58A-UD3 @ Bjorn3D
- ASUS Maximus III Extreme @ TweakTown
- ASUS P7P55D Deluxe Intel P55 Express Motherboard Review @ PCSTATS
- ECS H55H-I Motherboard @ Hardware Secrets