If you are more of a Linux/BSD or other OS type then UNetbootin, the Universal Netboot Installer works fairly well.
“Having had to do that today it struck me that other people might want easy access to a ‘How to make a USB drive windows 98 bootable’ for flashing their boards. Hours later here I sit with pictures in hand, bootable USB drive flashing my GPU BIOS and half wondering how I got here.
All that aside lets get started. First we are venturing into making a USB Stick bootable then we’ll do a short how to flash an Nvidia cards BIOS thing (GTX-480 in this case). That’s easiest because that’s what we needed the USB Drive bootable for.”
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Prices of semiconductor components to be raised again in 2Q10, says IC channels @ DigiTimes
- WiMAX Forum Congress Asia 2010 roundup @ SemiAccurate
- TSMC snubs 22nm @ The Inquirer
- Perl scripting language gets an update @ The Inquirer
- PlayStation Move vs. Nintendo Wii: Under the Hood @ Digital Trends
- From Dapper To Lucid, Four Years Of Ubuntu Benchmarks @ Phoronix
- PWM fan controller for external hard drive @ Hack a Day
- Win a complete EVGA P55 barebones system @ Ninjalane