Ryan also picked up one of these machines so keep your eyes open for the PC Perspective strip down coming soon.
“I own a total of five Xbox 360s. Four of them have died. Three because of the Red Ring of Death, all out of warranty. Many have had serial Xbox 360 failures, I had them in parallel.
The last revision of the Xbox 360, codenamed Jasper, was supposed to fix the infamous RRoD problem. So far my Jasper has been running fine. While Microsoft never confirmed the cause the RRoD seemed to be a result of poor cooling and manufacturing issues (either at the die/underfill level or at the solder level or both).
Needless to say, I wasn’t terribly happy about purchasing a sixth Xbox 360, but here it is …”
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- EFF announces Web encryption add-on for Firefox @ Ars Technica
- Getting started with developing Safari 5 extensions @ Ars Technica
- EVGA Taiwan Office Visit @ Ninjalane
- portsman 440/465 Video Eyewear @ TechwareLab
- Canon PowerShot SX210 IS Review @ TechReviewSource