Samsung it is all about their new 30nm process memory that will be coming to SSDs in the near future. Toshiba is also bragging about their size, though in this case it is how big their new embeddable chip is, 128GB to be exact. Finally Toshiba is looking to break into the third dimension with stacked memory chips which will allow huge jumps in storage density; if you remember your geometry a cube has a lot more volume than a square.
“MEMORY MAKERS Toshiba, Macronix and Samsung have pulled the covers off a type of NAND flash memory module, some NAND research and an SSD drive using toggle-mode DDR NAND.
Toshiba launched a 128GB embedded NAND flash memory module, which it said was the highest capacity yet achieved in the industry.”
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- The Epic debate Part 3: Humor does not cross oceans @ SemiAccurate
- Automatically Start Your Browser in ‘Private’ Mode @ Techspot
- Lenovo Announces IdeaPad Y560d 3D Laptop @ AnandTech
- Microsoft Kinect: The Xbox Is Only the Beginning @ ExtremeTech
- Is the Xbox 360 Slim and Kinect Design a New Era for Microsoft? @ Digital Trends
- Using Sony’s Media Go to Backup and Restore Your PSP’s Files @ Techgage
- SkyMall’s Most Bizarre Products – Part 4 @ Hardware Secrets
- Chromium-based Flock beta offers useful social features @ Ars Technica
- Nintendo E3 Press Conference Wrap-up @ Digital Trends
- A look at the Big 3 E3 2010 Keynotes
- Computex 2010: Motherboards @ AnandTech