First up is the Satellite A665 that comes with a 16″ screen and a choice of Intel Core i3 / i5 / i7 processors, or a AMD Phenom II Quad Core CPU (no word on the processor models and speeds). NVIDIA Optimus can be found on the Intel SKUs, although the press release only specifies “select models”.
What is more interesting is that some A660 models will have NVIDIA 3D Vision for full stereoscopic 3D for gaming and movies.
So with the Satellite A660 / A665, you can get either AMD or Intel CPUs, Optimus or not, and possibly NVIDIA 3D Vision too. Be sure to check the SKUs carefully if you’re interested in this notebook.
Lastly, there is also the Satellite M640 / M645 is being announced which is a 14″ model with the same CPU options, and Optimus. However, it does not look like 3D Vision is an option.
- Satellite A665 starts at $799.99 MSRP.
- Satellite M645 starts at $729.99 MSRP.
All available June 20th (that’s this Sunday) at major retailers, online stores, and Toshiba Direct.
Toshiba Satellite A665 available June 20, starting at $799.99
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Ready Notebook – Asus G51J 3D Review
- NVIDIA Optimus Technology: Performance and Battery Life for your Notebook
- NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Review – 3D Glasses for the Masses