“Atari Europe and Cryptic Studios, the developer behind City of heroes, City of Villains, Champions Online and Star Trek Online, announced today the development of Neverwinter for PC.
Neverwinter is a new online roleplaying game based on Wizards of the Coast’s global property Dungeons & Dragons and the city of Neverwinter. “
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Portal 2 Gets Release Date @ Slashdot
- Latest OS X update boosts Team Fortress 2 performance @ The Tech Report
- Lost Planet 2 Performance Preview @ OCC
- Mafia II Review @ Techgage
- Mafia-II Video Game Performance @ Benchmark Reviews
- Mafia II: Perfection for NVIDIA’s Graphics Plus Technologies? @ Hardware Canucks
- Burnout meets Need For Speed: hands-on with Hot Pursuit @ Ars Technica
- Together we kill: first look at Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood @ Ars Technica
- Everything’s scarier with children: a look at Dead Space 2 @ Ars Technica
- MADDEN NFL 11 (X360) Review @ GamingHeaven
- PS3 Top Gun mixes old movie with older gameplay @ Ars Technica
- Madden NFL 2011 PlayStation 3 @ Tweaktown
Fans of a classic party based D&D game on the PC, either alone in charge of the party or cooperatively online are probably not terribly impressed with the news that the next Neverwinter game will be an online roleplaying game. While it seems they are tiptoeing around the owlbear in the room, it is obvious that their biggest competition will of course be WoW, with its long history of being at the top of its genre. It is certainly to be hoped that the strict definition of a party along with well known character classes will be enough to differentiate it from the teeming online roleplaying genre. Drop by HEXUS for the scoop.