“With new offerings from Roku and Apple, and the grand impending entrance of Google TV, the crowd of little plastic boxes that all want to stream your video is getting packed. And confusing. But we’re here to help you compare.”
Here are some more Systems articles from around the web:
- Apple TV Preview @ Rbmods
- Plextor PX-B120U External BD-ROM Drive @ TechwareLabs
- Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex TV HD Media Player Review @ Legit Reviews
- 10 ways to improve your home theater @ Digital Trends
- New Apple TV vs. old Apple TV: what’s changed? @ Digital Trends
For those wanting to skip the entire process of building an HTPC to capture shows and to stream online content there is a lot of choice between set top boxes and the like. From the renewed Apple TV through Google’s new attempt to integrate their player with new TVs to the PS3, there are quite a few different ways to get nonstandard content onto your TV screen. Gizmodo has put together a chart outlining what features each offers, from mobile device integration through Hulu compatibility, it is all there for your perusal.