Unigine Heaven v2.1
Heaven Benchmark (DirectX 11)
Heaven Benchmark is a DirectX 11 GPU benchmark based on advanced Unigine™ engine from Unigine Corp. It reveals the enchanting magic of floating islands with a tiny village hidden in the cloudy skies. Interactive mode provides emerging experience of exploring the intricate world of steampunk.
- Support of DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11 and OpenGL 4.0
- Comprehensive use of tessellation technology
- Advanced SSAO (screen-space ambient occlusion)
- Volumetric cumulonimbus clouds generated by a physically accurate algorithm
- Simulation of changing light conditions
- Dynamic sky with light scattering
- Interactive experience with fly/walk-through modes
- Stereo 3D modes:
- Separate images
- 3D Vision
Unigine Heaven Test Settings
This is an interesting test because of its implications in the world of tessellation. First, the increase in the benchmark score going from the HD 5850 to the HD 6870 is about 35% – a sizable boost and indicates some definite improvement in the tessellation engine in the new Barts GPU. The NVIDIA cards, even with the GF104’s slightly lessened tessellation power compared to the GF100, are able to beat out all the AMD options though indicating a continued advantage in tessellation performance.