Fremont, CA (October 22, 2010) – Featuring even more processing power than the award winning EAH5000 Series of graphics cards, the new ASUS EAH6800 Series brings HD graphics performance and smooth gameplay to PC enthusiasts. With cutting-edge technology and a range of exclusive performance-boosting improvements gamers cannot go wrong with the ASUS EAH6800 Series.
Both the EAH6850 DirectCU/2DIS/1GD5 and EAH6870/2DI2S/1GD5 cards feature AMD Eyefinity multi-display technology, AMD HD3D technology and DirectX® 11 support. In addition, exclusive ASUS Voltage Tweak overclocking technology offers a superior overclocking experience allowing users to adjust the GPU voltage to reach higher than reference clock speeds. The EAH6850 DirectCU and EAH6870 also ship with factory overclocked cores set to 790MHz and 915MHz ensuring that even straight out the box users have better gaming performance.
- Exclusive award winning ASUS Voltage Tweak technology offers real-time voltage adjustment of various GPU components, including the graphics core and video memory. In combination with the award winning Smart Doctor VGA graphics utility users have extensive control over the frequencies and fan controls of the EAH6800 Series.
- The EAH6850 DirectCU is factory overclocked to 790MHz and the EAH6870 to 915MHz. This is 15MHz higher than reference designs and offers higher frame rates in games right out of the box.
- ASUS’ proprietary cooling technology, DirectCU, uses custom-flattened dual 8MM all-copper (nickel plated) heat pipes in direct contact with the GPU core. This results in the EAH6850 DirectCU operating up to 20% cooler than reference designs.The ASUS EAH6870 is equipped with an aluminum fan cover that improves cooling efficiency and reduces surface temperatures up to 14 degrees Celsius compared to the reference design’s plastic cover.
- AMD Eyefinity technology supports up to six displays for a fully immersive viewing experience.
- AMD HD3D technology provides stereoscopic 3D gaming and movie watching.