Final Thoughts and ConclusionsOverall the HCG-900 900W PSU proved to be a good performer delivering excellent AC ripple suppression, quiet operation and good efficiency at an affordable price. I was a little surprised to find only one 8-pin EPS12V connector instead of two and only four PCI-E connectors instead of six on a 900W PSU. I suppose most gamers will most likely be interested in powering a single CPU system with dual high-end graphic adapters so supplying the extra cables might be considered overkill. This also helps differentiate the High Current Gamer series from the High Current Pro series, which does offer more cables/connectors.
The High Current Gamer series is being introduced with five models:
HCG-900 900W $169.95 USD
HCG-750 750W $149.95 USD
HCG-620 620W $109.95 USD
HCG-520 520W $89.95 USD
HCG-400 400W $74.95 USD
• 900W continuous DC output (35°)
• Very quiet; below 450W DC output
• 80 Plus Bronze efficiency across a broad range of loads
• Low AC ripple and noise on the DC outputs
• Four +12V output can deliver up to 71A combined load
• Four PCI-E connectors support high-end graphic adapters
• Active PFC with universal AC input
• NVIDIA SLI-ready certified
• AQ5 – Antec Quality 5-Year parts and labor warranty
• Average DC voltage regulation
• An extra 8-pin EPS12V connector would provide dual CPU support
Antec High Current Gamer 900W PSU
I would like to thank our friends at Antec for sending us the HCG-900 PSU to review. Be sure to use our price checking engine to find the best price on any of Antec’s great products or anything else you may want to buy!
And if you have any questions or comments about the article, or would like to see what others have to say about Antec’s HCG-900 PSU, just click into our Case, Cooling and Power Supply forum to join in the discussion!