Final Thoughts and ConclusionsCorsair is well known for producing some of the best PC power supplies on the market today and the AX850 continues that trend. The Corsair Professional Series Gold AX850 power supply delivers very clean DC outputs, with excellent efficiency and good voltage regulation. Under light loads the AX850 can operate in Silent Fanless Mode and under normal operating conditions is still relatively quiet. The AX850 comes with a good assortment of all-modular cables that can support the latest CPUs and multiple, high-end video cards. And let’s not forget active PFC, universal AC input and Corsair’s 7-year warranty!
The Corsair Gold Series AX850 power supply is currently available and typically sells for around $170 USD.
• Up to 850W DC output, rated at 50°C
• Excellent efficiency (80Plus Gold certified)
• Stable voltages with good voltage regulation
• Very clean DC outputs with low AC ripple
• Silent to Quiet during normal operation
• Very good build quality with high quality components
• Universal AC input with Active PFC
• Single +12V output up to 70A
• Four PCI-E connectors for multiple graphic card support
• Backed by a 7-year warranty
• Using four PCI-E cables/connectors excludes using dual EPS connectors
For solid rails, excellent efficiency, clean outputs and good voltage regulation, the Corsair AX850 power supply brings home the gold.
Corsair Professional Series Gold AX850 Power Supply
I would like to thank our friends at Corsair for sending us the new AX850 PSU to review – thanks! Be sure to use our price checking engine to find the best price on any of Corsair’s fine products or anything else you may want to buy!
And if you have any questions or comments about the article, or would like to see what others have to say about the Corsair AX850 PSU, just click into Case, Cooling and PSU forum to join in the discussion!