If the original article is still down, this commenter has copied the post from a cache.
“A hidden (and hardware password protected, by means of required special values in processor registers) debug mode has been found in AMD processors, and documented by a reverse engineer called Czernobyl on the RCE Forums community today. It enables powerful hardware debugging features long longed for by reverse engineers, such as hardware data-aware conditional breakpoints, and direct hardware ‘page guard’-style breakpoints. And the best part is, it’s sitting right there in your processor already, just read the details and off you go with the debugging ninja powers!”
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- The Coming War Over the Future of Java @ Slashdot
- Beat trippin @ The Tech Report
- Sony Bloggie Touch (8GB) Review @ TechReviewSource
- Sparkle GeForce GT 240 Giveway! @ ThinkComputers
- Hottest PC games for the 2010 Holiday Season @ Techspot