Join SemiAccurate in an retelling of the story that should hopefully end with Llano appearing sometime in Q2.
“A LOT OF people have been wondering what is going on with AMD’s Llano chip, tipped to arrive before Ontario, now delayed until Q2/2011. The story is a bit complex, but after weeks of digging, we can bring it to you with a new surprise ending.
Earlier this year, Llano was slated to be the first ‘fusion’ chip out the door, beating it’s TSMC fabbed brothers, Ontario/Zacate by a fair margin. Things went well for Ontario/Zacate, and not so well for Llano. The reasons behind that were far less clear than mud, and changed quite a bit depending on who you asked.”
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Cisco Linksys E3000 @ The Inquirer
- Understanding the Internet’s insecure routing infrastructure @ Ars Technica
- Intel starts mass producing Oak Trail platform @ DigiTimes
- Alternative Clipboard Managers for Windows @ TechSpot
- NZXT Contest @ Overclockers Online
- TechwareLabs Black Friday Bad Buy Recovery Guide
- Geek Love: a Holiday Wishlist of Gizmos, Gadgets, and Gear @ Ars Technica
- Pre-Black Friday Deals @ TechReviewSource