“STORAGE VENDOR Plextor is offering bargain hunting first adopters an external hard drive that supports HD and 3D playback for less than £100.
The drive, which the firm said is portable and pretty, should suit anyone that has invested in a 3D monitor but so far hasn’t bought the hardware to go with it.”
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- AMD set to launch Radeon HD 6970/6950 in the third week of December @ DigiTimes
- First Look: Viewsonic G Tablet and Tegra 2 Performance Preview @ AnandTech
- TI Reveals OMAP4440 Specs: Dual 1.5GHz Cortex A9, 25% Faster GPU, HDMI 1.4 3D, 1080p60 @ AnandTech
- Intel and AMD sign death warrant for VGA port @ Ars Technica
- Intel loses 2010 chip market share while Samsung gains, says Gartner @ DigiTimes
- Bigfoot Networks Killer 2100 Gaming Network Card Review @ Legit Reviews
- Tech Awards 2010 @ The Inquirer
- HiTech Legion 2nd Annual Holiday Giveaway Spectacular 2010
3D movies on the cheap(er)
Source: The Inquirer
Plextor has come up with a half way solution for those who have picked up a 3D capable TV or monitor but haven’t invested in the rest of the kit necessary to watch media in 3D. The Plextor PX-B120U won’t have you gaming in 3D, it is a Blu-ray player with a USB connection for now, it also has the ability to connect to the as of yet unreleased Plexmedia media centre to act as a stand alone 3D Blu-ray player. The player is also capable of fudging 3D from a 2D source and upscaling definition, read more at The Inquirer.