Unigine Heaven v2.1
Heaven Benchmark (DirectX 11)
Heaven Benchmark is a DirectX 11 GPU benchmark based on advanced Unigine™ engine from Unigine Corp. It reveals the enchanting magic of floating islands with a tiny village hidden in the cloudy skies. Interactive mode provides emerging experience of exploring the intricate world of steampunk.
- Support of DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11 and OpenGL 4.0
- Comprehensive use of tessellation technology
- Advanced SSAO (screen-space ambient occlusion)
- Volumetric cumulonimbus clouds generated by a physically accurate algorithm
- Simulation of changing light conditions
- Dynamic sky with light scattering
- Interactive experience with fly/walk-through modes
- Stereo 3D modes:
- Separate images
- 3D Vision
Unigine Heaven Test Settings
Without a doubt the new HD 6900 Cayman GPUs are seeing a vast tessellation improvement in this synthetic test. The HD 6970 beats the GTX 580 at both Disabled and Normal settings but is well behind it at Extreme settings. The same is seen between the GTX 570 and the HD 6950 too. But comparing them both to the HD 5870 and HD 5850, it’s not even close. The HD 6970 is 60% faster than the HD 5870 while the HD 6950 is 72% faster than the HD 5850.
CrossFire scaling is exceptionally high here as well: about 93% better scores by adding another card. You can see in our architecture comparison that the move from Barts to Cayman makes a noticeable difference in tessellation performance as well.