Final Thoughts and ConclusionsAntec continues to raise the bar with the introduction of their new High Current Pro series power supplies. The HCP-1200 has excellent voltage regulation, very clean DC outputs, and operates very efficiently and quietly. Antec includes a good compliment of both fixed and modular cables/connectors and backs the HCP-1200 with a 5-year warranty. If you are looking for a high-quality, high-output PSU, this one will be hard to beat. Highly recommended!
The Antec HCP-1200 power supply is currently available and can be found online for around $309.99 USD (newegg.com 12-29-10) .
• 1200W continuous DC output (up to 50°)
• Excellent build quality and components
• Very good voltage regulation
• Excellent efficiency across a broad range of loads
• Minimal AC ripple and noise on the DC outputs
• Very quiet at all but the highest power levels
• Eight +12V output can deliver up to 99A combined load
• Eight PCI-E connectors support up to four high-end graphics adapters
• Active PFC with universal AC input
• 80-Plus Gold and NVIDIA SLI-ready certified
• AQ5 – Antec Quality 5-Year parts and labor warranty
• None noted
Antec High Current Pro 1200W Power Supply
I would like to thank our friends at Antec for sending us the HCP-1200 PSU to review. Be sure to use our price checking engine to find the best price on any of Antec’s great products or anything else you may want to buy!
And if you have any questions or comments about the article, or would like to see what others have to say about Antec’s HCP-1200 PSU, just click into our Case, Cooling and Power Supply forum to join in the discussion!