Final Thoughts and ConclusionsThe SilverStone Strider Plus 850W power supply delivers clean DC outputs with good efficiency and excellent voltage regulation. Under normal operating conditions the Strider Plus 850W PSU is very quiet. The Strider comes with a good assortment of all-modular cables that can support the latest CPUs and multiple, high-end video cards along with active PFC and universal AC input. My only minor complaint is the 3-year warranty period.
The SilverStone Strider Plus 850W power supply is currently available and typically sells for around $150 USD (Amazon.com January 2011), which is a very good price for an 850W PSU.
• Up to 850W DC output, rated at 40°C
• Very good efficiency (80Plus Silver certified)
• Very good voltage regulation (±3%)
• Clean DC outputs with low AC ripple
• Quiet during normal operation
• Single +12V output up to 67A
• Four PCI-E connectors for multiple graphic card support
• Two EPS connectors for dual CPU support
• Good assortment of all modular cables
• Compact chassis (160mm deep)
• Universal AC input with Active PFC
• Very affordable
• 3-Year warranty
SilverStone Strider Plus 850W Power Supply
I would like to thank our friends at SilverStone for sending us the Strider Plus 850W PSU to review – thanks! Be sure to use our price checking engine to find the best price on any of SilverStone’s fine products or anything else you may want to buy!
And if you have any questions or comments about the article, or would like to see what others have to say about the Strider Plus 850W PSU, just click into Case, Cooling and Power thread in our forums to join in the discussion!