Be very careful if someone asks if they can add their shiny new phone to your network, between the USB plug, the WiFi connectivity or even a physical NIC adapter it is not difficult for a determined individual to inflict damage upon your systems, even inadvertently.
“It used to be that a large part of owning a cellphone, using it a lot, and being on the road involved hauling around a massive charging unit. When your plan expired, you got a new phone – and along with that came a new car charger, a new brick to plug in at home and a second one to be wrapped up in a ball and shoved in your briefcase or purse.”
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- The Iphone can be hacked in six minutes @ The Inquirer
- Microsoft Kills AutoRun In Windows @ Slashdot
- More heads roll at AMD @ The Register
- tbreak podcast 005 – Are you a girly man?
- Flip minoHD Camcorder Review @ t-break
- Panasonic HDC-SDT750 Review @ Digital Trends
- Win an AMD Sapphire HD 5770 graphics card @ t-break