Final Thoughts and ConclusionsZalman has successfully added another high-quality power supply to their line up. The ZM1000-HP Plus 1,000W power supply’s voltage regulation, line regulation and cross-loading regulation are all very good. The AC ripple noise suppression is excellent and the overall efficiency is good. Under normal operating conditions (below 500W load) the ZM1000-HP Plus is virtually silent. The PSU comes fitted with both hard-wired and modular cables that can support multiple, high-end video cards but not dual CPUs. And, the majority of cables are only 20” long, which may prove a bit short for use in some larger, full tower cases.
My main complaint with the ZM1000-HP PSU is the 3-Year warranty. A power supply of this caliber deserves better. And at this price point, a 5-year (or better) warranty should be standard.
The Zalman ZM1000-HP Plus 1,000W power supply sells for $249.9 USD (newegg.com, January 2011).
• 1,000W continuous DC output (up to 40°)
• Good voltage regulation
• Very quiet, virtually silent at lower power levels
• Good efficiency (80 Plus Silver certified)
• Active PFC with universal AC input
• Four +12V outputs, up to 82A/984W combined
• Six PCI-E connectors (three 6-pin and three 8-pin)
• Cables sleeved all the way to the end connector
• 3-Year Warranty
• Only one 4+4 pin EPS12V connector (no dual CPU support)
Zalman ZM1000-HP Plus 1,000W Power Supply
I would like to thank our friends at Zalman for sending us the ZM1000-HP Plus PSU to review. Be sure to use our price checking engine to find the best price on any of Zalman’s great products or anything else you may want to buy!
And if you have any questions or comments about the article, or would like to see what others have to say about the ZM1000-HP Plus PSU, just click into our Case, Cooling and Power Supply forum to join in the discussion!