Ryan investigated MSI’s E350IA-E45 AMD Brazos Fusion APU Platform, one of the first non-mobile implementations of the Zacate platform. Outputs on the mini-ITX board include 8-channel audio with optical and coaxial connections, VGA and HDMI which supports streaming uncompressed audio to a high-end receiver, a single Gigabit NIC (no inbuilt wireless), a single PS2 port, six USB 2.0 ports and two USB 3.0 ports. It also sports a cooling fan that was Ryan’s favourite part of the whole system.
"The MSI E350IA-E45 mini-ITX Fusion APU motherboard is our first experience with a desktop form factor iteration of AMD’s latest CPU technology and we came away very impressed by the implementation. The board is low cost yet offers features that will prevent your system from being outdated quickly like support for SATA 6.0 Gb/s storage and USB 3.0 devices. With relatively low power consumption and performance that beats the best that Intel’s Atom can throw at it, the MSI E350IA-E45 is a fantastic option for consumer looking for a mini-ITX system."
Here are some more Motherboard articles from around the web:
- Gigabyte GA-E350N-USB3 Fusion Motherboard @ Bjorn3D
- Sapphire Pure Fusion Mini E350 APU Mainboard Review @ OCC
- ECS A890GXM-A2 Motherboard Review @ OCC
- BIOS Option Of The Week – SDRAM RAS Pulse Width @ TechARP
- MSI XPower: an LGA1366 Mainboard from “Big Bang” Series for Gamers and Computer Enthusiasts @ X-bit Labs
- ECS H67H2-M Black Motherboard Review @ Madshrimps
- Gigabyte P67A-UD7 Motherboard Review @Hi Tech Legion
- GIGABYTE’s X58A-OC motherboard gets full introduction on video @ Tweaktown
- GIGABYTE G1 Assassin @ Tweaktown
- ASRock P67 Extreme 6 @ Overclockers.com
- ECS Sandy Bridge Motherboard Roundup @ Neoseeker
- GIGABYTE P67A-UD4 Motherboard Performance Review @ Legit Reviews