The Tech Report investigates a question that is probably on the minds of those who upgraded their PC hardware just before the release of USB 3.0, is it worth picking up a PCIe USB 3.0 card? They grab a Mukii TransImp TIP-PU301 2 port USB card and run through what you can expect in the way of bandwidth depending on the implementation of PCIe your motherboard has as well as the effect of legacy cables.
"SuperSpeed USB connectivity may be a nice additional perk as part of a future system, but is it worth the trouble as a standalone upgrade?"
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Duke Nukem Forever Delayed, Again? @ [H]ard|OCP
- How the Comodo certificate fraud calls CA trust into question @ Ars Technica
- Nvidia rushes to ARMs @ The Register
- Ipad 2 arrives but the competitors are closing in @ The Inquirer
- Magellan eXplorist 610 GPS @ TechwareLabs
- Holy Smoke! New Tech Creates 3D Images Projected Into Mist @ ExtremeTech
- Nvidia’s GTX590 fried by an old software driver @ The Inquirer
- Asus RT-N12 SuperSpeed-N Router Review @ Tweaknews
- How to Spring Clean Your PC @ TechReviewSource
- t-break podcast episode 11- a Hindi GTA