Over at The Tech Report is a PC gamer with a bit of console envy, as they are a fan of racing games which is a genre that tends to be poorly implemented on the PC. Spotting a copy of Shift 2 Unleashed for sale on Steam, at $10 less than the console version, he picked it up to try it out. Unfortunately it was as graphically unimpressive as he feared, not ugly but certainly not able to push his hardware to the limit. However, once getting into the game he found a wide selection of cars and decently immersive gameplay. If you are a fan of racing games it seems that Shift 2 Unleashed should be on your list of must play games.
"In his latest blog post, TR’s Geoff Gasior digs into the PC version of Shift 2 Unleashed to see if it’s a worthy challenger to dominant console driving sims like Forza Motorsport and Gran Turismo."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Crysis 2 review @ Bjorn3d
- Avec Sarif: Deus Ex 3 Sarif Industries Video @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Late Arrival: Hands-on with Fable III PC @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Battlefield Play4Free: more like Battlefield Cash4EA @ Ars Technica
- ishwasher sequel delivers violence, vengeance @ Ars Technica
- iPhone 4 Game of the Week – Final Fantasy III @ t-break
- Need For Speed: Shift 2 Unleashed Xbox 360 @ Tweaktown
- Plants VS. Zombies Review @ Tech-Reviews.co.uk
- Atari’s Greatest Hits collection brings 100 classic games to iOS devices @ Engadget
- Ars reviews GarageBand for iPad: a killer app for budding songwriters
- Need for Speed: Shift 2 Unleashed @ Computing on Demand
- JellyCar 3 Review @ Tech-Reviews.co.uk
- MotoGP 10/11 – Xbox 360 @ HEXUS