Specifications, Layout, Included Extras
|CPU||– Supports 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ i7 / i5 / i3 in LGA1155 Package
– Advanced V16 + 2 Power Phase Design
– Supports Intel® Turbo Boost 2.0 Technology
– Supports Intel® K-Series unlocked CPU
– Supports Hyper-Threading Technology
|Chipset||– Intel® P67|
|Memory||– Dual Channel DDR3 memory technology
– 4 x DDR3 DIMM slots
– Supports DDR3 2133(OC)/1866(OC)/1600/1333/1066 non-ECC, un-buffered memory
– Max. capacity of system memory: 32GB*
– Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
*Due to the operating system limitation, the actual memory size may be less than 4GB for the reservation for system usage under Windows® 32-bit OS. For Windows® 64-bit OS with 64-bit CPU, there is no such limitation.
|BIOS||– 64Mb AMI UEFI Legal BIOS with GUI support
– Supports "Plug and Play"
– ACPI 1.1 Compliance Wake Up Events
– Supports jumperfree
– SMBIOS 2.3.1 Support
– DRAM, PCH, CPU PLL, VTT, VCCSA Voltage Multi-adjustment
|Audio, Video and Networking|
|Audio||– 7.1 CH HD Audio with Content Protection (Realtek ALC892 Audio Codec)
– Premium Blu-ray audio support
– Supports THX TruStudio PRO™
|LAN||– PCIE x1 Gigabit LAN 10/100/1000 Mb/s
– Realtek RTL8111E
– Supports Wake-On-LAN
– Supports LAN Cable Detection
– Supports Energy Efficient Ethernet 802.3az
– Supports Dual LAN with Teaming function
– Supports PXE
|Expansion / Connectivity|
|Slots||– 3 x PCI Express 2.0 x16 slots (PCIE2/PCIE4: Single at x16 (PCIE2) / x8 (PCIE4), or dual at x8 (PCIE2) / x8 (PCIE4); PCIE5: x4 mode)
– 2 x PCI Express 2.0 x1 slots
– 2 x PCI slots
– Supports ATI™ Quad CrossFireX™, 3-Way CrossFireX™ and CrossFireX™
– Supports NVIDIA® Quad SLI™ and SLI™
|SATA3||– 2 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s connectors, support RAID (RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 10, RAID 5 and Intel® Rapid Storage), NCQ, AHCI and "Hot Plug" functions
– 4 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s connectors by Marvell SE9120, support NCQ, AHCI and "Hot Plug" functions (SATA3_M4 connector is shared with eSATA3 port)
|USB 3.0||– 4 x Rear USB 3.0 ports by Etron EJ168A, support USB 1.0/2.0/3.0 up to 5Gb/s
– 1 x Front USB 3.0 header (supports 2 USB 3.0 ports) by Etron EJ168A, supports USB 1.0/2.0/3.0 up to 5Gb/s
|Connector||– 4 x SATA2 3.0 Gb/s connectors, support RAID (RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 10, RAID 5 and Intel® Rapid Storage), NCQ, AHCI and Hot Plug functions
– 6 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s connectors
– 1 x ATA133 IDE connector (supports 2 x IDE devices)
– 1 x Floppy connector
– 1 x IR header
– 1 x COM port header
– 1 x HDMI_SPDIF header
– 1 x IEEE 1394 header
– 1 x Power LED header
– CPU/Chassis/Power FAN connector
– 24 pin ATX power connector
– 8 pin 12V power connector
– CD in header
– Front panel audio connector
– 4 x USB 2.0 headers (support 8 USB 2.0 ports)
– 1 x USB 3.0 header (supports 2 USB 3.0 ports)
– 1 x Dr. Debug with LED
|Rear Panel I/O||I/O Panel
– 1 x PS/2 Mouse Port
– 1 x PS/2 Keyboard Port
– 1 x Coaxial SPDIF Out Port
– 1 x Optical SPDIF Out Port
– 3 x Ready-to-Use USB 2.0 Ports
– 1 x Fatal1ty Mouse Port (USB 2.0)
– 1 x eSATA3 Connector
– 4 x Ready-to-Use USB 3.0 Ports
– 2 x RJ-45 LAN Ports with LED (ACT/LINK LED and SPEED LED)
– 1 x IEEE 1394 Port
– 1 x Clear CMOS Switch with LED
– HD Audio Jack: Side Speaker / Rear Speaker / Central / Bass / Line in / Front Speaker / Microphone
|Other Features / Miscellaneous|
|Unique Feature||– F-Stream
– Instant Boot
– Instant Flash
– APP Charger
– Hybrid Booster:
– CPU Frequency Stepless Control
– ASRock U-COP
– Boot Failure Guard (B.F.G.)
– Combo Cooler Option (C.C.O.)
– Good Night LED
|Smart Switch||– 1 x Power Switch with LED
– 1 x Reset Switch with LED
– 1 x Clear CMOS Switch with LED
|Support CD||– Drivers, Utilities, AntiVirus Software (Trial Version), Software Suite (CyberLink DVD Suite – OEM and Trial)|
|Accessories||– 1 x SLI_Bridge_2S Card
– Quick Installation Guide, Support CD, I/O Shield
– Floppy/ATA 133 Cables
– 6 x SATA Data Cables (optional)
– 2 x SATA 1 to 1 Power Cables (optional)
– 1 x Front USB 3.0 Panel
– 4 x HDD Screws
– 6 x Chassis Screws
– 1 x Rear USB 3.0 Bracket
|Hardware Monitor||– CPU Temperature Sensing
– Chassis Temperature Sensing
– CPU/Chassis/Power Fan Tachometer
– CPU/Chassis Quiet Fan (Allow Chassis Fan Speed Auto-Adjust by CPU or MB Temperature)
– CPU/Chassis Fan Multi-Speed Control
– Voltage Monitoring: +12V, +5V, +3.3V, CPU Vcore
|Form Factor||– ATX Form Factor: 12.0-in x 9.6-in, 30.5 cm x 24.4 cm
– All Solid Capacitor design (100% Japan-made high-quality Conductive Polymer Capacitors)
|OS||– Microsoft® Windows® 7 / 7 64-bit / Vista™ / Vista™ 64-bit / XP / XP 64-bit compliant|
|Certifications||– FCC, CE, WHQL
– ErP/EuP Ready (ErP/EuP ready power supply is required)
The retail packaging for Fatal1ty’s new P67 Professional follows suit with how all of his branded products are marketed regardless of the vendor. The stylish red and black color scheme, combined with Johnathan’s mug, signature, and logo on the front panel, puts him at the forefront of how ASRock wants to market this motherboard. For obvious reasons, they want to use Fatal1ty’s celebrity status in the gaming community to sell motherboards. There aren’t many gamers who have reached Fatal1ty’s status either.
The front panel opens up to showcase the board through a clear window and gives consumers more information on the P67 Professionals’s PWM design, custom mouse port, premium gold caps, and available USB 3.0 and SATA 3 ports.
The back panel has another studio photo of the motherboard with a diagram outlining all the hardware features on the P67 Professional. There’s also a lengthy list of technical specifications to give consumers all the information they need to make their purchasing decisions.
After getting this board out of its retail packaging, I was stunned by how beefy and tough the P67 Professional looked in my photo studio. The first thing that stood out was the massive jagged heatsinks over the power components and chipset. I was also in awe by the premium gold caps around the CPU socket and above the first PCI express x16 slot. The Fatal1ty logo embedded into the chipset heatsink is also very eye-catching too.
The back of the PCB is pretty standard with a plain aluminum back plate behind the CPU socket.
The back I/O panel is very robust and features PS/2 mouse and keyboard ports, three USB 2.0 ports, a custom Fatal1ty mouse port that runs at USB 2.0 specs, one eSATA port, four USB 3.0 ports, two Gigabit LAN jacks, a firewire port, coaxial SPDIF out port, optical SPDIF out port, and a clear CMOS button.
Another key feature that gamers should smile about is the three PCI express x16 slots, two PCI express x1 slots, and two legacy PCI slots. The three PCIe x16 slots support quad CrossfireX and SLI graphics card configurations that should give enthusiasts the right amount of performance options for high-definition and multi-monitor gaming.
The front panel header is adequately labeled, but not as well as other motherboards I’ve tested recently. There are also two three-pin and four-pin fan connectors, and a couple flashy power and reset buttons and debug LED display embedded onto the PCB.
This board gives users six SATA3 6GB/s connectors (four are managed via a Marvell SE9120 controller and two from the P67 chipset). There are also two more SATA 3GB/s connectors to give users both options that support modern and legacy standards. If you use the SATA ports managed by the chipset, you will also have the option to set up a RAID 0, 1, 5, or 10 configuration via Intel’s Rapid Storage technology.
As with most P67 boards, the P67 Professional supports up to 32GBs of dual channel DDR3 2133 (OC), 1866 (OC), 1600, 1333, and 1066 non-ECC, un-buffered memory. The memory DIMMs match the motherboard’s black and red color scheme too.
The beefy heatsinks surrounding the CPU socket are pretty tall, but they shouldn’t imped users from using a third-party heatsink or water-cooling solution. The power components around the socket are also well organized and should be adequately cooled by the enhanced heatsinks too.
ASRock didn’t skimp on the included accessories by including legacy floppy and PATA cables, two molex to SATA power adapters, and a bracket to move the front USB 3.0 ports to one of the available PCI slots.
They also included six SATA data cables and three of them have right-angle connectors to help keep these data cables neat and organized.
The I/O backplate is painted black, but has lots of color-coded labels for every option on the I/O panel. They also included an SLI bridge with this bundle.
One of the best accessories that comes with this bundle is an additional front panel bracket that adds two USB 3.0 ports to the front of the case. I like how it looks and should provide more flexibility for users who need to add more USB 3.0 devices to their systems.
ASRock added a nifty quick installation guide and UEFI setup guide for users who are not familar with this type of BIOS.
Lastly, they included a few more marketing brochures and a driver CD to complete the bundle.