If you don’t have the time or the skills to hack a Wii-mote or Kinect system to work with your PC but do want to play with motion control then the Razer Hydra might be the thing for you. Previously known as Sixense, it is a wired motion controller which sports enough buttons to be useful for gaming. Slashdot heard tell of the release date and packaging which you can see here.
"While motion controllers are becoming a staple for console gamers with the release of the Wii, PlayStation Move and Microsoft Kinect, PC gamers have been left wanting. Razer is looking to change that with its Hydra motion controller which has been developed specifically for PC gamers. Unlike console-based motion control systems, the Hydra uses magnetic tracking technology by way of a base station that emits a magnetic field that Razer says allows the exact location and orientation of the handheld controllers to be detected with millimeter accuracy."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse @ Maximum CPU
- Logitech Performance Mouse MX Review @ Techgage
- World of Warcraft Cataclysm Gaming Mouse Preview @ eTeknix
- Mad Catz Cyborg R.A.T. 9 Wireless Gaming Mouse Review @ eTeknix
- Genius Pen Mouse Review @ Hardware Secrets
- Genius SlimStar 8000 Wireless Desktop Combo @ Overclockers Online
- SplitFish FragFX Shark Playstation 3 Gaming Mouse and Controller Review @ OverclcokersHQ
- QPAD HeatoN XL Gaming Mouse Pad Review @ eTeknix
- XTRACPADS Logic Review @ OCC
- Roccat Alumic @ XSReviews
- DIATEC Filco Majestouch-2 Tenkeyless NKR ASCII with Red Switch Keyboard Review @ Madshrimps