If you are shopping for an Intel branded board; not an Intel based board but a board actually branded as Intel, then you are likely shopping for parts for a new server. Skulltrail is an example of a board branded as Intel that did gain some attention from the enthusiast segment, but that was quite a while ago. New to the market is the Intel DX58SO2 LGA 1366 X58 and it underwent some tough scrutiny at [H]ard|OCP. There were issues and disappointments but in the end they concluded "The DX58S02 is a good motherboard, it is just not a good enthusiast motherboard by comparison."
"We don’t generally cover Intel branded motherboards because those products do not pop up that often on the enthusiast radar. Intel does have an "extreme" flagship X58 motherboard that may be worth your attention. We fire up Intel’s DX58SO2!"
Here are some more Motherboard articles from around the web:
- Sapphire Pure Black X58 Motherboard Review @ Legit Reviews
- Asus P8P67 LE Motherboard Review @ ITShootOut
- MSI P67A- GD80 Socket 1155 Motherboard Review @ OCIA
- ASRock P67 Pro3 (B3) @ iXBT Labs
- ASUS P67 Sabertooth TUF Socket 1155 Motherboard@ Pro- Clockers
- MSI P67A-GD80 @ TechwareLabs
- Biostar TP67XE: Inexpensive LGA1155 Mainboard with Overclocking Potential @ X- bit Labs
- H67 – A Triumvirate of Tantalizing Technology @ AnandTech
- MSI Big Bang Marshal P67 @ OC3D
- J&W MINIX 890GX-USB3 Mini-ITX @ Tweaktown