[H]ard|OCP just finished a review that most enthusiasts would sell their souls … or at least cash in their retirement savings … to do themselves. They decided to find out which was better, a $1500 triple GTX 580 system or a $1100 HD 6990 + HD 6970 system. The findings are really quite clear, as is th efact that scaling has improved to the point where dropping that third GPU into your PC actually does make some sense to do.
"We’ve seen what a Radeon HD 6990 can do when paired with a Radeon HD 6970 for "Tri-Fire" performance. Now it is time to find out what three NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 video cards in 3-Way SLI game like in comparison. We will look at A2A performance comparisons and discuss which setup offers the best gameplay experience."
Here are some more Graphics Card articles from around the web:
- AMD Radeon 6790 (Barts LE) @ Rbmods
- XFX Radeon HD 6950 XXX Edition Review @ Neoseeker
- XFX Radeon HD 6870 Black Edition Review @ OCC
- AMD Radeon HD 6670 Video Card Review @ Hardware Secrets
- Inno3D GTX 560 Ti iChiLL Edition vs PowerColor Radeon 6870 PCS++ Review @ HardwareHeaven
- AMD’s Radeon HD 6770 & Radeon HD 6750: The Retail Radeon 5700 Rebadge @ AnandTech
- HIS 6950/6970 Fan Turbo 2GB and HIS 6850 IceQ X Turbo 1GB @ iXBT Labs
- AMD Catalyst 11.4 Windows 7 Driver Analysis @ Tweaktown
- Desktop Graphics Card Comparison Guide @ TechARP
- Ars Reviews the Quadro 4000 Mac Edition: NVIDIA’s sole Mac offering a promising start
- GELID Rev. 2 Icy Vision GPU Cooler Review @ Techgage
- MSI GeForce GTX 580 Lightning Review @ Hardware Canucks
- MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti HAWK @ Tweaktown