If you have a hankering for a case that does more than just hold your components then heading over to TechSpot might be a bad idea for your wallet. They’ve gathered a half dozen cases which are all less than $200 and come with a wide variety of features and looks. They also take the time to compare the air cooling performance of the cases as picking an enclosure is not just about the looks. BitFenix’s Colossus did not come out looking good in comparison to others in it’s price range as a case $70 cheaper managed to show it up in every area.
"With dozens of affordable, well-equipped desktop cases begging for your cash, it can be a nightmare to find the right one for your needs. Hoping to simplify your building experience, we’ve assembled a shortlist of six unique sub-$200 enthusiast chassis that deserve your attention.
Included in our roundup is BitFenix’s flagship Colossus Venom Edition, and their new budget Shinobi mid-tower. The Cooler Master Storm Enforcer and the highly acclaimed HAF X making an appearance in Nvidia-green. Rounding up the review is Lian Li’s LanCool PC-K63 chassis and Thermaltake’s Chaser MK-1."
Here are some more Cases & Cooling reviews from around the web:
- Cooler Master CM Storm Enforcer @ Modders-Inc
- Cooler Master Silencio 550 Computer Case @ Benchmark Reviews
- NZXT H2 Classic Silent Midtower Chassis Review @ OverclockersHQ
- NZXT H2 Classic Silent Mid-Tower Case Review @ OCIA
- Cooler Master HAF X Full Tower Chassis Review @ eTeknix
- BitFenix Shinobi: The Budget Ninja @ AnandTech
- NZXT Sentry Mesh Fan Controller Review @ Neoseeker
- Antec Kühler H2O 920 CPU Cooler Review @ Hardware Secrets
- Prolimatech Genesis CPU Cooler Review @ Hardware Canucks
- NZXT Havik 140 CPU Cooler Review @ Legit Reviews
- Antec KUHLER H2O 920 CPU Water Cooler @ [H]ard|OCP